8/6/13

modals: special difficulties (6)


6.- QUESTIONS WITH SHALL OR WILL

· Use shall for questions that suggest sth, or ask for instructions or for the hearer’s agreement about sth.

shall we dance? ¿bailamos?
shall I walk the dog? ¿saco a pasear al perro?
shall I call a taxi? ¿llamo un taxi?

· Use will for polite requests or invitations:

will you please help me? ¿quiere ayudarme, por favor?
will you have another drink? ¿quieres tomar otra copa?

Practice-6

Complete the following questions with shall or will as required

a.- .................. I make some coffee?
b.- .................. you pass me the salt please?
c.- .................. we play cards?
d.- .................. you join me for lunch?


KEY TO PRACTICE -6



a- shall; b- will; c- shall; d- will


  

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario