14/3/14

Preparing for the 'oposiciones': during/for

During y for pueden significar ambos ‘durante’, pero during indica el tiempo dentro del cual transcurre algo y for, cuánto tiempo:

during the spring/the night/the day – durante la primavera/la noche/el día
for five years/months/weeks/days – durante cinco años/meses/semanas/días

Práctica

Rellena los huecos con during o for según convenga

a.- I haven’t played chess ........................... years.
b.- I only saw her once ........................... my stay in New York.
c.- Luke worked as a lifeguard ........................... the summer.
d.- Norma’s been off work ................................ six months.
e.- Please remain seated ............................... the performance.
f.- Did anybody call .................................... my absence?
g.- My elder brother was killed ..............the war.
h.- My parents have been married .............thirty years.

CLAVE 

a.- for; b.- during; c.- during; d.- for; e.- during; f.- during; g.- during; h.- for.

0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario